If you or someone you know is a youth or emerging leader, concerned with the rights of people with a disability, and involved in the self-advocacy civil rights movement, Allies in Advocacy invites you to join a free all day leadership forum at the SeaTac Airport Conference Center on Tuesday, August 20th from 9 am to 4 pm..
THE FORUM IS A CHANCE TO:
- Use your voice to speak out on issues important to you.
- Build a coalition within the DD (development disability) community and with others.
- Network with people in the public, private, and non-profit arena.
- Learn about public policy and legislative issues.
- Create a progressive movement that speaks to the concerns of people with DD from all generations.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
The forum is for adults who have:
- Down Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Intellectual Disability
- Developmental Disability (DD)
- Any other disability
Lunch will be provided.
Registration is required. Please respond to Linda West by August 5th.